Friday, November 6, 2009

Pop Dinner!




My dad and I were chatting the other night. He was telling me he bough frozen pizza and chocolate milk for him and the kids for dinner last Tuesday since my mom wouldn't be home from class til late. He laughed and thought it was sIlly. It is silly.
I then explained to him that those were the greatest meals growing up. The sIlly ones are the ones your kids will really remember because they are outside the normal. (I strongly discourage junk meals on a regular basis, the fact that it is unusual is what makes it special).
I can honestly say that one of the greatest memories I have with my mom as a child is of a simple night my mom and I laid on the floor eating pizza and watching Dennis the Menace.
My husband and I had our very own silly dinner one night this week and decided we are going to do it once or twice with our kids (when we get to that point in life). It was a great idea too so I wanted to share it.

We made popcorn on the stove in our amazing little popcorn pan. While it was cooking my husband decided to contribute by toasting a couple pop-tarts. I then noticed that the only thing lacking was some Soda Pop itself! And there you have it. A POP dinner! 

A sIlly unusual dinner is such a fun way to make memories with your family. It's all those random and goofy things we do that make life and childhood fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment